At present the adoption of internet is constantly growing and, in addition to its presence in one out of two Italian families (about 59% - 2010 Eurostat data), its concentration level is even higher in some population segments.
On line Survey
For web surveys RVV has a partnership with the leading providers of consumer Web panel, thus having access to the Community Panel which currently in Italy have more than 100,000 members.
The tool offers the opportunity to show the respondents multimedia stimuli (pictures, videos, etc..) and to include complex descriptions of concepts or other stimulus material, without weigh down the path of the interview.
The new e-Groups RVV methodology includes the activation of asynchronous online forums where users are invited to take part in a discussion moderated by a researcher who interacts with participants with both questions and stimuli directed to the whole group, both directed to the single participant.
The participants in on line forum are invited through a mail containing a link to a discussion platform:
- on average 15/20 participants (max 30)
- duration from 2/3 days to a max of 2 weeks
The recruitment of participants can be done by specialized recruiters (traditional method), using databases provided by the Client or through an online pre-existing community.
Why an on line qualitative survey?
- large access: the respondents can participate from any place at any time
- media integration: immediate sharing of links, videos, images
- live monitor: ability to monitor the activity of users and their response rate
- costs: optimization of economic resources
- real time interaction: researchers and the customer can take direct actions to develop the emerging insights
- timing: faster insights in short time
Buzz on Line
The discussions on Social Media, If collected and well interpreted, can become a valuable asset for companies and can be used to better understand the “Shared Customer Experience” and the drivers that bring to the “Customer Preference”.
Some of the questions we address:
- To whom does the Brand speak? (Brand and its competitor popularity, trend over time)
- Of what is it discussed? (Most treated topics, most discussed product characteristics, most relevant aspects/services for the industry, product selection process and key drivers of choice)
- How is it spoken? (brand/topic reputation/sentiment, benchmarking with competitors)
- Why is it spoken? What motivates people to talk on line?
- Where is it spoken? (In which places and which are the sources relevance)
- Who’s discussing? (Profiles, relevance and activity level)
The monitoring service is done by Blogmeter, an innovative platform for monitoring and analysis of social media.
Currently it daily monitors the main online communities – forum, newsgroup and social network – for a total of about 500 sources and the Italian Blogosfera (about 75.000 blog)
The monitoring includes the use of quantitative (graph productions and scenario info) and qualitative (reading and interpreting of a large number of posts and conversations) methodologies.
The most effective way to get feedback on the easiness of an interface and to find out what makes it difficult to use or represents an obstacle to an effective and satisfying interaction, is to assess the interface usability in collaboration with the web user.
Some of the questions we address
- How is it used the web site/application? Which are the paths most frequently used by the users?
- What kind of difficulties face the users in the main web site/application functionality ?
- How is it possible to optimize a web site/application to make it more simple and to increase its use?
The methodology consists in an in-depth usability assess of web site/software application through an “assisted” use.
This methodology can be used to verify the web site, the software application and the self care channel usability.
It can be integrated with specific sessions of eye-tracking to trace more accurately the user experience.